6 Tips to avoid being defrauded
- Created at
- AGA Partners Accountants and Tax Advisors
Articles By This Author
- The heated debate- should vat apply to all takeawa...
- Are you prepared to go fully VAT Digital?
- Autoenrolment for Employers
- Revenue Recognition in the Oil & Gas Industry unde...
- Accounting for Decommissioning Provisions under IF...
- Are you contracting with the public sector? You ne...
- To be a Company or to be a Sole Trader: that is th...
- The Impact of Flat Rate VAT changes on small busin...
- SELF-ASSESSMENT TAX RETURN 2015/16
- 5 Things never to ignore with your business bank a...
How to avoid being defrauded
1. Credit check your major customers with reputable agencies.
2. Maintain tight controls on the flow of cash in your business and who is handling it and when.
3. Use Merchant banking services to process card transactions.
4. Regularly review your bank statements and tie these upto your accounting records.
5. Maintain tight controls on access to your bank accounts. Keep your cheque books and paying in books safely stored away from all other personnel. Never give our your bank details to unknown third parties or unidentified individuals o companies.
6. Have stringent measures in place to do an internal risk assessment on new customers, get identification and always do a background check for new customers from third party agencies. Are they who they say they are?
Contact us to find out more. AGA Partners Accountants and Tax Advisors - London based accountants