How do I search for an accountant or bookkeeper?
Enter a postcode, town or county in the Location search box to search for an accountant in a specified area. You can also search for an accountant by their company name.
Why do I need an accountant?
Limited companies are required to submit accounts to Companies House whereas most small businesses need to maintain accounts for calculating tax owed to HMRC. An accountant is an expert in the rules and regulations surrounding company accounts and tax.
What is the difference between an accountant and a bookkeeper?
An accountant is more qualified than a bookkeeper. A bookkeeper simply ensures the accounts are populated with data, whereas an accountant is a professional who knows the rules and regulations with respect to accounting.
How do I know which accountant to choose?
- Location Use the search feature to find an accountant located near to you.
- Profile Compare accounting firms' profiles to gain insight into the organisation.
- Qualifications Check qualifications and that the accountant is a member of a professional body.
- Fees Analyse fees to get the best value for money.
- Quote Get a quote from a number of accountants.
How do I request a quote?
Simply click on "Find an accountant" at the top of this page and fill in the form.
What is a Clear Books quote request?
This is a quote request from Clear Books online accounting software which is only available for Clear Books partners.